Swiss International Is Committed To Its Guests Safety During The Coronavirus (Covid-19) Pandemic.
As it has always been, the safety and security of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure your travel safety and provide maximum flexibility as the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve.
We will continue to update this section with the latest information regarding booking flexibility, Swiss Select membership Points and Status, supporting our communities and workforce, and travel safety.
Health & Hygiene
Swiss International developed its global Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) introducing a new standards of hotel cleanliness, safety and disinfection at its Royal Swiss, Swiss International and Swiss Spirit Hotels. This Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) will ensure that all Swiss International guests enjoy an even cleaner and safer stay at its hotels.
These Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) will complement Swiss International’s already high standards of housekeeping and hygiene, where hospital-grade cleaning products and upgraded protocols are currently in use. The Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) include:
- Availability of sanitizers at all entrances (hotel, restaurants & bars, Eventives venues, Inspirations Pool & Gym, and other hotel facilities).
- Every guest’s hands are sanitized before and after visiting the hotel grounds.
- Sanitizing luggage carts for each guest
- Cleaning floor surfaces with anti-germs surface cleaner daily at regular intervals.
- Spraying and cleaning all door handles at entrances.
- Check temperature of each guest at entrances.
- Controlling entries of guests suffering from flu, cough or fever – thorough testing are required for these guests before entry.
- Guests to use of mask and gloves at all times when in public.
- Display of awareness material at entrances and prominent places of the hotel grounds and the hotel itself.
- Use of masks and hand gloves by each crew members who are in direct contact with guests, guests areas and handling cash or card payments.
- Queue system at entrance maintaining 5 feet (1.5m) distance between guests.
- Disposable items to be used by guests as far as possible.
- Restaurant & Bar table setting of a maximum of 4 people for 10 square meters and that guests face each other from a distance of at least 1 meter.
- No more than two people are allowed at a time in the elevators.
- Sealed and disposable items to be placed in guests rooms.
- Sealed and hygienic toilet seats ribbon.
- Linen & Towel sets are placed in front of the guest upon check-in with sealed package to open in front of the guest.
- As far as possible the hotels will switch from door cards to mobile locks.
- Sealed cutleries and crockeries upon food service.
- No decorative pillows, bedspreads and runners are to be used in guests rooms.
- Cleaning equipment made of cloths and absorbent materials are to be washed and sanitized after the cleaning of each room.
- Maintain social distancing of minimum 5ft (1.5m) at the buffet stations.
- All Room service orders will be left in front of the door while informing the guests to collect.
- A holding area or quarantine area will be maintained to accommodate suspected infected persons till the receipt of results of their tests.
- All HVAC Filters will be kept clean and disinfected regularly as per the manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Room fans are kept in operating mode even when unoccupied with temperature of 24 degree Celsius.
- The coffee machines, soda machines, and others, in particular the parts more in contact with the hands of users, will be cleaned and disinfected at least after each service and more often if necessary.
- Regular audits of the proper functioning of the disinfectant solution dispensers, hand dryers, disposable tissue dispensers, and other similar devices including dishwashing, laundry equipment particularly the operating temperatures, as well as the correct dosage of cleaning and disinfecting chemicals.
These Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) will be rolled out at all Royal Swiss, Swiss International & Swiss Spirit Hotels in April, May & June 2020.
Your Travel Flexibility
We have made additional adjustments to our modification and cancellation policies to provide you with maximum flexibility while travel remains restricted in many parts of the world.
- Existing Reservations. All individual reservations—even those described as “non-refundable” (“Advanced Purchase”)—that are scheduled for arrival on or before the 30th of June 2020 can be changed or cancelled at no charge, up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival day.
- New Reservations. Any individual reservations you make—even those described as “non-refundable” (“Advanced Purchase”)—that are booked between today until the 30th of June 2020 for any future arrival date can be changed or cancelled at no charge, up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival day.